Skip to content

2nd November 2026 - GitProxy Meeting Minutes #1848

Open

Description

@kriswest

Date

20261102 - time

Meeting info

Meeting notices

  • FINOS Project leads are responsible for observing the FINOS guidelines for running project meetings. Project maintainers can find additional resources in the FINOS Maintainers Cheatsheet.

  • All participants in FINOS project meetings are subject to the LF Antitrust Policy, the FINOS Community Code of Conduct and all other FINOS policies.

  • FINOS meetings involve participation by industry competitors, and it is the intention of FINOS and the Linux Foundation to conduct all of its activities in accordance with applicable antitrust and competition laws. It is therefore extremely important that attendees adhere to meeting agendas, and be aware of, and not participate in, any activities that are prohibited under applicable US state, federal or foreign antitrust and competition laws. Please contact legal@finos.org with any questions.

  • FINOS project meetings may be recorded for use solely by the FINOS team for administration purposes. In very limited instances, and with explicit approval, recordings may be made more widely available.

Agenda

GitHub usernames not provided for:

  • "Dave" (mentioned at the start)
  • "Eteri" (referenced as having laid out flyer content)
  • "Brian" (mentioned in relation to PR/CI checks)
  • "Poem" (possible typo or unclear reference, possibly a misspelling of a user)

Meeting Minutes

  • Past meeting minutes approved: No objections raised; previous action items reviewed, with uncompleted actions rolled over.

  • Fix: env vars included in UI bundle & release 2.3: Backport and merge to 2.2 and 2.3.1 discussed. CI checks failing due to upstream Mongo 8 image problems; workaround options considered. Fabio agreed to raise an issue to track the CI image failures. NPM audit fix recommended before release.

  • scanDiff ignores commitConfig.diff.block rules from the --config file: Issue identified with config loading sequence; Adrian (@goldensyntax) to fix scanDiff logic, check related scanners for similar patterns, and correct across all relevant processors.

  • Roadmap planning for v2.5.0 - v3:

    • Reviewed open issues and PRs for 2.4 milestone; several need updates and reviews (notably hybrid cache architecture and ORPC refactor).
    • Discussion on new architecture/data model proposals from @coopernetes; some proposals already implemented or partly fixed, others require further review and issue creation.
    • Accessibility improvements tagged for 2.5 (@goldensyntax).
    • Extended lifecycle governance, onboarding automation, and improved permission models considered for 3.0; @andypols to raise draft issues.
    • Fork management and sync enhancements (already partially implemented by @andypols)—PR submission and demo planned.
    • Improvements to onboarding UI, project request workflows, and configurable contribution policy requirements discussed.
    • Need for maintaining older release lines (back-porting evergreen/security fixes) flagged; team to raise issues as required.
    • Maintainability and performance topics (Dependabot PR clustering, hybrid cache, review of maintainers) highlighted for ongoing attention.
    • TLS termination/deployment support for OpenShift: @re-vlad to confirm if recent changes resolve this or raise an issue.
    • Performance/scalability: hybrid cache/many mirrored repos remain priority; further suggestions welcomed.
    • Project governance: @re-vlad to raise MR for maintainers if needed.
    • Data model, audit trail, and permission architecture proposals reviewed; multiple follow-up issues suggested (admin role nuances, multi-email, permission processors).
  • AOB:

    • Demo of AI/repo sync features by @andypols proposed for next meeting, pending internal approval.
    • Next meeting will be chaired by @jescalada as @kriswest is on holiday.

Agenda Items Not Discussed

  • None; all agenda items were covered.

Action Items

  • @kriswest: Follow up with FINOS and Andy Block (Red Hat) re: OpenSSF/OSSF partnership opportunity; coordinate a group call and loop in @tabathad as FINOS contact.
  • @kriswest: Review & merge the failing patch release bumper fix (PR fix: failing patch release bumper on missing package-lock.json #1730).
  • @jescalada / @dcoric / @fabiovincenzi: Update/apply storage/roll-up optimisations to PostgreSQL backend (PR perf: reduce duplicate push audit storage #1795 needs update).
  • @dcoric: Recheck and finalise PR perf: cache repository activity summaries #1801 (caching repository activity summaries); tie to issue/milestone if possible.
  • @ALL: Review and comment (priority before next meeting):
    • PR 1246 (Hybrid cache architecture) — @fabiovincenzi author
    • PR 1804 (ORPC refactor) — @Andreybest author
    • Any outstanding PRs blocking 2.4, including those from @fabiovincenzi (priority requested)
  • @goldensyntax: Fix scanDiff config logic and related scanners (commit message, author checks); apply systematic fix if pattern found.
  • @fabiovincenzi: Raise issue to track CI failures due to Mongo 8 image; experiment with pinning/alternate images or removing from matrix.
  • @jescalada: Experiment with CI matrix for Mongo 8 and try workaround fixes; report findings.
  • @kriswest: Create issue to update Git Proxy homepage with revised flyer content; incorporate dashboard screenshots if available.
  • @andypols: Raise draft issue(s) for extended lifecycle governance, onboarding automation, improved permission models, and admin role nuances.
  • @re-vlad: Confirm if TLS termination improvements (PRs 14/14) resolve OpenShift deployment needs; raise issue if not.
  • @re-vlad: Raise MR for maintainers.md if appointing new maintainers.
  • @ALL: Review and process open Dependabot PRs as CI issues are resolved; consider clustering major updates for improved maintenance.
  • @goldensyntax / @kriswest: Review and tag accessibility and onboarding improvements for 2.5; raise associated issues.
  • @ALL: Review @coopernetes's architecture/data model proposals; raise follow-up issues as appropriate.

Please raise any additional issues or assign yourself tasks if you wish to contribute to upcoming milestones!

Activity

  1. kriswest commented on Nov 5, 2026

    @kriswest
    ContributorAuthor

    Meeting minutes and actions posted @finos/git-proxy-maintainers and @finos/git-proxy-contributors

Sign up for free to join this conversation on GitHub. Already have an account? Sign in to comment

Metadata

Metadata

Assignees

No one assigned

    Labels

    Type

    No type

    Projects

    No projects

      Milestone

      No milestone

      Relationships

      None yet

      Development

      No branches or pull requests

      Issue actions